- Digital marketing has never been more important – most companies integrated the digital with traditional methods. With a consistently growing online world, many realised that relying on radio, TV and print was not enough!
- Quality content is essential – not only does it prioritise your website on search engines like Google, it means visitors are likely to return and share.
- Social media played a huge role in online marketing – these days it’s rarer to find someone who isn’t on social media. With its ‘real-time’ conversations, fast customer service, wide and quick reach, personal touch and relationship-building qualities, it is no wonder.
- Mobile traffic increased, meaning online marketing campaigns could be reached ‘on the go’ and on apps.
- Being relevant to current topics and events within marketing campaigns boosted traffic. Whether this was related to the President-Elect, Superbowl or Brexit, it was sure to draw in more traffic.
- Visual advertising emerged as a key player in 2016 – with Live Stream on Facebook and YouTube and image-led platforms like Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest playing a bigger role. You all remember the viral Mannequin Challenge, right?
I wonder what 2017 will bring the world of digital marketing!
If you need advice on your digital marketing strategy, do not hesitate to get in touch!